Saturday, September 28, 2013

Amazing New Product Alert: Envelope Punch Board

I realized this week that I've reached a new level of stamp nerd. When my order arrived I aggressively knifed through the tape on the cardboard box, dug through layers of designer series paper, washi tape, punches, and stamp sets to excitedly pull out my most-anticipated new item: The Envelope Punch Board. Behold!




Ok, so she might not look overly exciting, BUT with this little board you can make 66 different sized envelopes out of any paper-based material you want! (Cue me, realizing what a dork I am, then embracing it). Envelope templates have intimidated me, they just seem complicated and I am very likely to mess them up and consequently waste my beautiful paper. This board changes everything.

Step 1: The Numbers
Pick which size envelope you want to make by choosing one of the dimensions listed on the handy-dandy board. You choose this by determining the size of your card.




I picked 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Then you look to see what size you should cut your paper to in the column to the right of your card size, 8 x 8. And finally, your score line is listed as 3 1/2.

Step 2: Scoring

Line up the left hand side of the paper with the score line the board listed (3 1/2). First use the round punch to cut out a corner, and then you score along the little score line indented on the board. (Word of advice, know your scoring strength. The first time I did this I just ripped right through the paper. Sad face. Be gentle to your paper!)


Step 3: Scoring, Again

For the rest of the your scoring, just line up the score line you just made with the little finger that comes out from the left side of the punch. Punch again. Score again. Repeat until your paper looks like this:



The opposite side of the punch even has a corner rounder Sharp corners check in, but they don't check out.






Step 4 : Folding and Adhering
 At this point all you have to do is fold your finished product, glue it together, and you're done!.



The smallest size you can make fits a gift card perfectly. Again, I realize it's super nerdy to be so excited about envelopes, but it's just one more way to customize the things you create for others. I'm also excited about the prospect of using recycled materials to make envelopes. Yep, nerd for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously may have to consider getting this...it's always so super handy to have any size envelope at hand. I usually buy those precut cards that come with white envelopes, but I've started making my own cards since I now have a handy dandy paper cutter/scorer. Awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete