Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sunshine. Happiness. Stamps.

Well, for the first post I figured I would feature a card that I love with a message that pretty much sums up why I enjoy stamping as much as I do.

The Message
Creating homemade things for other people makes me happy because it makes them happy (I hope). I grew up watching my mom create beautiful cards for her friends, and saw how people responded to making and receiving them. As we ushered in the age of facebook and text messages, it became all too easy to rely on social media for special occasions. But now it means so much to receive any token via snail mail instead of a quick, tech-based greeting! To open said parcel and find that someone has taken the time to not only plan ahead to send you the card, but they also took the time to make it?! Shut the front door!! Love. It. I have a related confession: I am a greeting card hoarder. What's that? You sent me a really nice card for my high school graduation? Chances are it still lives at my house. I love keeping cards from family and friends, it's such a wonderful and personal way to remember occasions, feelings, and friendships. I hope that when I give people cards, it brings them a little bit of happy as well.

The Card
I made this one using the "Feel Good" stamp set, which features a total of five lovely quotes in the same font. The honeycomb texture on the bottom was done with the honeycomb embossing folder. And the b-e-a-U-tiful paper is the Quatrefancy Speciality Designer Series Paper. I love this paper, the colors are so bright and fun! The paper also pairs very well with the "Mosaic Madness" stamp set and punch because the patterns correspond to one another. I didn't measure out any pieces, I just made my first triangle and let chaos take over. It's more fun like that.

Go forth and create some sunshine : )
 



No comments:

Post a Comment