Saturday, October 19, 2013

Household Halloween Decorations

While most of the time I am creating cards, there are also many other options to use Stampin' Up products for. Scrapbooking, party decorations, and home and holiday decor. Here are two projects that I did for Halloween. The first is SUPER easy. Like, just grab two markers and color kind of easy. The second is a little more complex but isn't as complicated as it looks.

Here is the first one:
This is one full sheet of the 12x12 Witches Brew Designer Series Paper as it comes on the left. To create a more colorful design you simply take a few markers and color in whatever spots you want. You don't even have to stay inside the lines because the black background covers your mistakes! Easy and cute. I just bought a cheap record frame and put it in there and it now greets people next to my card tree in my entry.




The second project is smaller, but involves more effort.

 The background squares are all cut 2x2. I used the Toil and Trouble set as well as Halloween Bash for all of the stamped pieces. The most fun thing about a piece like this is that you can play around with whatever embellishments and punches you have at your disposal to create an individual design. I threw in some washi tape, and a little texture with the reptile skin and chevron embossing folders. Anything I didn't have a punch or a framelits for, I just cut by hand with good old fashioned scissors. I had a class at my house make this and even though there were new people, everyone really did well with it and went home with some great new handmade Halloween decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment